Thursday, November 13, 2008

What a week!

Hello! Sorry that it took me so long to update, but boy has our life changed over the past week! As you have heard or read Cannon Corey and Gunner Cody became impatient and decided that they were coming into this world on Saturday, no matter what any of us thought.
The weekend was a big blurr for me, I don't think morphine is my friend! Monday we went to the NICU several times and saw the boys, they were always sleeping so we just did a lot of looking. Monday night I sent my "liquid gold" milk delivery boy down there one last time, after about an hour of him not returning, I got dressed and went down there myself... as soon as they buzzed me in the boys nurse said, "Dad knows he is in trouble and he don't care!" as I rounded the corner Corey was sitting there rocking Cannon. It was my first Mommy moment, thats when it all hit me that we are parents to these 2 precious baby boys! Of course, it didn't take me long to steal him! We rocked for a while then returned to our room.
Tuesday they gave me the choice of coming home or staying, but really if you have to leave there is not going to be a easier or better time! When we were about to leave the hospital the 2 nurses ask us if we wanted to hold both of them... of course, we jumped on that! Corey got Cannon and of course I got to be the first to hold Gunner for over an hour.... it was no fun leaving , but the NICU has been awesome and we know that our babies are in good hands!

As of this morning they had both lost and gained a lil weight! Cannon is currently at 3.1 and Gunner at 3.5, they are both eating every 3 hrs, so overall we are doing great!!! Of course, we are going to have our ups and downs... but we are so thankful for the boys good health this far. Please keep them and us in your prayers!

We have lots of people to thank that helped us through the past week! My mom has been our biggest help, she has been everything from maid to taxi driver and we appreciate everything she has done! We want to thank all of friends, family, and honorary aunts and uncles for helping us through this past week, we could not have done it without you guys! And the boys are especially lucky to have a great Aunt K.K. "Kayla" she has been our eyes in Hattiesburg, she goes to see them several times a day and we are truly greatful for her! Thanks to everyone!

Keep us in your prayers and I will try to keep you updated!!!!

No comments:

Followers